Initial limited edition copies of the LP came with a free 7" single featuring live recordings of On Broadway and Remember I Was Vapour recorded during Numan's previous tour. These were to have been part of a 'Live EP' release series which never came about. The original release of Living Ornaments '79 featuring performances recorded on the same tour did not feature these two tracks.
Original album version Side One
- This Wreckage
- The Aircrash Bureau
- Remind Me to Smile
- Sleep By Windows
- I'm An Agent
- I Dream of Wires
- Remember I Was Vapour
- Please push No More
- Joy Circuit
- Previous singles 'We Are Glass' and 'I Die: You Die' featured on the cassette version, placed at the end of Side 1 and Side 2 respectively. They also appeared on subsequent CD releases
- This Wreckage was released as a single in December 1980, b/w new track 'Photograph'. 
- British vocalist Robert Palmer recorded a cover version of I Dream of Wires for his album Clues, released around the same time as Telekon.
- A 16-track CD edition of the album was released in 1998. 
- Live recordings of Telekon performed in its entirety have been issued twice, one in 2008 (recorded at The Forum, December 2006, released as CD, DVD and DL) and one in 2016 (recorded at O2 Forum London 23.10.15, released on CD and LP).
- I bought the album on its release on 06 September 1980, together with the I Die: You Die single. i bought it early also to ensure I got the free live single.
- The album is in my all time Top 50 and Top 5 Numan albums.