Echo and the Bunnymen are a post-punk/new wave group from Liverpool, UK active since 1978.
- 22 August 1979 - first John Peel session broadcast.
- 13 May 1980: debut single at no.62 in UK charts (highest pos.).
- 22 May 1980 - second Peel session broadcast.
- 29 May 1980: lyrics to Rescue in Smash Hits 
- 18 July 1980 - debut album Crocodiles released on Korova. The album goes to no.17 in the UK.
- 16 October 1980: The Puppet single reviewed in Smash Hits 
- 12 November 1980 - third John Peel session transmitted
- 22 November 1980 - NME front cover and feature
- 14 April 1981 - Crocodiles single enters UK charts at highest pos. of no.37 and remains same following week.
- 30 April 1981 - Smash Hits features Crocodiles lyrics and full colour back cover picture.
- 30 May 1981 - Heaven Up Here album released. The album goes straight in the UK charts at no.10 and spends four consecutive weeks in the Top 40.
- 10 July 1981 - A Promise single released. Reaches no.49 in UK.
- 08 October 1981 - Crocodiles live on second of four Futurama Rock 80 TV specials on BBC Two. 
- Lancaster University, 15 January 1983.
- A Promise b/w Broke My Neck (1981)
- John Peel Session, Aug 1979 (cassette, 1983 - with The Cutter single) 
- Heaven Up Here (LP, 1981)
- Porcupine (cassette,1983)
- theguardian.com Ten of the Best (2017-07-05)